|Title:||Literature & Science Breakthroughs: Connecting Language and Science Skills in the Elementary Classroom|
|Formats:||odf lit azf fb2 ibooks mobi pdf epub cb7|
|Publisher:||Pembroke Publishers (January 1, 2000)|
|Size ePub version:||1765 kb|
|Size PDF version:||1275 kb|
|Categoty:||Education & Teaching|
|Subcategory:||Schools & Teaching|
Free Download links
- 1765 downloads at 53 mb/s
Literature &Science Breakthroughs offers strategies for using nonfiction, big books, novels, storybooks, pop-ups, poetry, and discovery books to bring all aspects of science to life for children in elementary classrooms. Teachers will learn how to go beyond reading "about" science and with a variety of hands-on activities help students gain first hand experience with scientific principles. Organized around the major science strands, the book looks at using children's literature to achieve science outcomes in the following areas:
- life systems--plants, insects, and all forms of living things;
- matter and materials--magnets, light, and air;
- energy and control--wind, water, sound, and electricity;
- structures and mechanics--functional design, pulleys, gears, and motion;
- earth and space systems--seasons, weather, rocks, minerals, and the environment.
Background information, webs, skill charts, tools for evaluation,and an extensive bibliography complement this valuable resource.